Although most summer internships and jobs are coming to an end, it's not quite time for students to jump ship and forget all about their summer experience. By the very nature of what internships are about, it's highly important to remember that there are a number of steps that need to be taken before putting your summer experience behind you.
Below I've included "The Top 6 Tips for Ending Your Internship on a Positive Note":
- Make it a point to thank all of the people who helped you along the way.
- Share your future career plans with supervisors and employees.
- Ask you manager for feedback about your work performance.
- Update your resume while the experience is fresh in your mind.
- Reflect on your summer experience.
- Add your summer experience to your LinkedIn Profile.
By following these 6 steps you will be able to capitalize on your internships experience by gaining the knowledge, skills, and experience required for getting hired in the field; developing professional connections for future networking purposes; and to be able to add Relevant Experience to your current resume.