Five tips for making your internship a success:
- Write down a list of goals you want to accomplish over the course of your internship.
- Strive to develop good working relationships with professionals in the field.
- Maintain an excellent work ethic & seek out additional duties whenever possible.
- Always be on time and strive for perfect attendance.
- Continually strive to learn more about the organization and industry by attending meetings, making personal connections, and by reading professional journals.
By following these five tips you will be way on your way to ensuring that you are making the best of your internship. Gaining experience, developing networking connections, and the possibility of being offered a full-time job are some of the top reasons students decide to do an internship. By doing these things on a regular basis, you will be guaranteed that even a boring internship can be a positive experience and another step in helping you get closer to achieving your future career goals.
Do you have an internship success story you'd like to share? If so, please let us know what you think is making yourinternship a success.
For more on internship success, you can read, "How Can I Guarantee My Internship is a Success"?
Photo Courtesy of istockphoto.com