The William J. Clinton Foundation Internship Program was established after former President Clinton's presidency in order to strengthen the ability of people across the world to meet and accept the challenges of global interdependence. The Internship Program is offered to undergraduates, professionals, and recent college graduates who possess an interest in many of the vital issues of our world today.
Internships with the William J. Clinton Foundation are offered in the following locations: New York City, Little Rock, Arkansas, and Boston, Massachusetts. The Program in Boston offers an many opportunities for volunteers while New York City and Little Rock have internship programs in which to apply. In New York, the Harlem Office is where the actual work of the former President’s non-profit and for-profit work takes place. The mid-town office is where the Clinton Global Initiative operation is offered.
The internship program permits students to get hands-on experience while working directly with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders of the Foundation. An internship with the William J. Clinton Foundation offers an opportunity to work on the goals that the Foundation has established. Each intern gets the chance to take part in helping to complete the Foundation’s goals.Interns get a chance to attend Brown Bag Lectures where important issues of the day are discussed over informal lunches.
Prospective interns must submit the following documents to apply:
- A copy of a current resume.
- A short essay: approximately 250-500 words that states area of interest and individual objective in the working with former President Clinton’s Foundation.
- A Short Biography (approximately 100-200 words).
- A list of relevant course work.
- A statement of need (up to 500 words) from those seeking a stipend including the reasons The Foundation should consider a need-based stipend.
- Two letters of confidential recommendation (including one from a professor for all students)mailed directly to the office where applicants are applying or scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can be found on the website on the types of programs offered through the Foundation.