Walmart is an international company founded in 1962 and currently has over 9759 retail stores in 28 different countries. Walmart offers internships in every aspect of the business.
Please refer to the list below to see what types of internships are available:
- Information systems
Walmart’s Corporate Internship Program:
Walmart’s Corporate Internship Program provides students with an opportunity to gain the practical skills they will need to be successful once they move from the academic classroom to the real world. Interns will get a realistic view of what it’s like working in a retail environment in a very faced paced organization.
Undergraduate Intern opportunities vary by year and span a variety of areas, including:
- Product Development
- Supply Chain and Transportation
- Accounting and Finance
- Information Systems
- Sam’s Club (corporate)
- Human Resources
In the past interns have been involved in redesigning the website, researching consumer behavior, working with development teams to create new products and programs, etc. "A Day in the Life of an Undergraduate Intern" offers a glimpse of what it's like interning for Walmart.
- Applicants must currently be in their junior or senior year of college
- May have completed their degree but still need to do an internship prior to receiving diploma
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
Leadership Internship Program:
Walmart’s Leadership Internship Program was designed for students currently enrolled full-time in an advanced degree program. Leadership interns are required to take on a leadership role in one of the major divisions of the organization. Leadership interns are also expected to complete a high-level project that will be based on the specific departments current needs. Interns will then present their project to senior leaders and a panel of executives.
Leadership Intern opportunities vary and usually span a variety of areas, including:
- Information systems
- Supply chain management
- Real estate
The minimum qualifications for the Leadership Internship Program are as follows:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an MBA, Masters or Doctoral program
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years significant work experience
In addition, internships are also available at Sam’s Club in the following areas:
- Operations and Logistics
The Emerging Leaders Internship Program:
Walmart also sponsors an Emerging Leaders Internship Program whose purpose is to create positive change in Washington, DC, and within their local communities. The Emerging Leaders internship Program is a paid opportunity that lasts for one semester. Those participating in the program will work on Capitol Hill, in federal agencies and nonprofit organizations. Upon completion of the program, alumni of the program will bring back to their community what they learned about politics and the public policy-making process after learning about what it takes to pass legislation, how to form public policy, and the creation of coalitions.
Qualifications for Emerging Leadership Program:
- Applicants must be a US citizen or permitted to work in the US
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in college full-time
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in public service, governance, and the policy-making process
Emerging Leaders are selected based on the following criteria:
- Emerging leaders must have a solid scholastic achievement
- Emerging leaders must have strong writing skills
- Emerging leaders must have completed some community service projects
- Emerging leaders must have evidence of leadership skills
When preparing to become a pharmacist, Walmart internships can be a great place to start. Interns that join Wal-Mart to help prepare for their future in becoming a Pharmacist will get experience in learning about leadership and management as well. Internships are available for first, second, third, and fourth year students. Pharmacy internships are based on each student’s level of education. All pharmacy interns can apply online.