SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment operates a chain of adventure parks across the country including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Discovery Cove, and the three SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Antonio, & San Diego. SeaWorld is the world’s most popular marine-life park. Seaworld Orlando was the home to the first Killer Whale born and raised in captivity. In addition to Killer Whales other sea mammals at the parks include Beluga Whales, Bottlenose Dolphins, Sea Lions, Otters, Walruses, & False Killer Whales as well as Penguins and Polar Bears plus sharks, rays, sea turtles and an array of other marine life. Sea World also features a variety of thrill rides plus Shark Encounter, where guests actually travel inside an acrylic tunnel which passes through the shark tanks.
As an amusement park as well as a learning environment, Seaworld strives to achieve the following goals:
“To instill in students and guests of all ages an appreciation for science and a respect for all living creatures and habitats.
To conserve our valuable natural resources by increasing awareness of the interrelationships of humans and the environment.
To increase students' and guests' basic competencies in science, math, and other disciplines.
To be an educational resource to the world.”
SeaWorld offers a variety of Marine Animal Internships at its various locations around the country.
>Internship Pick of the Week:
Intern, Education Camp
- Prepare materials for daily camp programming
- Assist with teaching classes and implementing of games and activities
- Assist camp management with daily operations
- Current undergraduate student in good academic standing at an accredited college or university
- Completed at least sophomore year of college prior to hire date
- Currently have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- CPR certified by hire date
- Excellent communication skills
- Full availability with no restrictions during camp periods
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift, push and pull 25 pounds
Orlando, San Diego, and San Antonio
- Free admission to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Parks
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Team Member Discounts
To begin the process of applying for a Seaworld internships, please visit their website. To learn more about internship opportunities throughout the country, learn about the various locations where internships may exist.
- Organize your information
- Highlight your qualifications
- Use bullet points to display important information
- Include only relevant information and remove any clutter
- Make sure your resume is error free
5 Steps to Improve a Cover Letter:
- Address your cover letter to the right person
- Capture the reader's attention
- Make your cover letter stand out
- Make sure your cover letter is error free
- Ask for an interview at the end of your letter
By following these 10 steps you will be well on your way to getting yourself noticed by employers in hopes of getting called for an interview. The sole purpose of a resume and cover letter is to land an interview, so the effort it takes to improve your documents is well worth the effort. Be sure to check out Alison Doyle's, About.com’s Guide to Job Searching, website to pick up some valuable internship and job search tips.